To start, here are some indie authors that rock my world!!
I don't have a picture of this author...now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of him LOL. I'll put pics of his books instead. David Mayer's books rock my socks off...for reals!! I tend to avoid books that seem heavy on the fantasy because lets face it, I can be dumb as rocks sometimes. Mainly because they are a lot to process and I like to breeze through my books. This series is so unbelievably awesome that I wish I could tell the whole world and have them all read it! I almost gave up on the first one because it was a lot to process, but I'm glad I did. Turns out, they were so amazing that they are now my favorite books. Go read them...seriously.
Nicole Williams is definitely tied for first in my book. Her newest novels have been picked up by a publisher but I had love for her before she hit the big leagues. Her Eden Trilogy had me in frickin tears. I absolutely loved it and read all three books in 2 days. I literally needed to have my Kindle forcibly removed from my grasp! LOVE HER!!
My next pick is Shelly Crane. If you want to read the best happily ever after stories, read her books. I fell in love with all of the characters in her Significance and Collide series'. They are really good paranormal romance books. Shelly's books actually introduced me to indie books, so thank you Shelly!!
Abbi Glines is another favorite that was recently picked up by a publisher. I bought the Vincent Boys last December and I fell in love. Abbi is another go to author when I want a happy ever after. Not to mention that the Vincent Boys was frickin' smoking hot for a YA.
Rachael Wade is my home girl!! Love her books and she's awesome to talk to. She is super supportive of the blog.
Now for the so called bitchy part. This is where I'm supposed to have my rant about the people who doubt self-pubbing. This part will be a bit short. Lets face it, I'm not really a negative person and I like to focus on the positive, not the negative.
I'll start with my biggest gripe. I see a lot of bloggers that started out by reviewing indies and now refuse to even review them. I'm talking about the bloggers that now have thousands of followers and have a holier than thou attitude. Yeah, you heard me right...I'm bitter about it. I've actually seen some nasty rants from said bloggers about their reasoning for not reviewing indies. Frankly, I didn't see any merit in the rant and just thought they were being a**holes. Some complain about author retaliations from bad reviews. S**t happens, just deal with it. I personally don't like to write bad reviews but I'd be damned if I'd get upset over a pissed off author. I've seen so many positive, professional indie authors that it cancels out those bad apples.
That's my rant, now for my good stuff :-) I know life isn't always rainbows and gumdrops, but I love rainbows lol. I love reading my indie books. Yes I have read some that I didn't think were that great, but I have read some mainstream books that I thought were terrible as well. With a lot of indie novels, you get the story that the author intended for their readers. Yes, some of them have editors but for the most part, the book stays true to who they are. I absolutely love reading a book and knowing the author put their heart and soul into it and it stays untouched. Perfect <3
Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Why Indies Rock Blog Tour. I hope you enjoyed by post and will stop by the other blogs on the tour. XOXO









Great post, Ren! I really enjoyed it, and it's always great to find some new Indie author names to put on my TBR list!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, C.K.! I love so many indie authors that my post would have been a mile long.
DeleteI needed a smile on this early Monday morning. Thank you Ren! Awesome post!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Teresa! You deserve it :-)
DeleteDude. You are awesome in your awesomeness! In fact, I never thought you'd read one of my books, but I just wrote a YA/middle-grades novel for NaNoWriMo. Expect to hear back from me when I am certain that it's done. In the meantime, I have started reading your blog more carefully. I love your style. I feel like we're curled up on beanbag chairs, sipping cocoa and shooting the breeze about books.
ReplyDeletehahaha I love beanbag chairs!!! And hot cocoa...with lots of those little marshmallows. You know they sell them in a jar now!! That is pure happiness right there lol. Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to hearing from you.
Delete