We have the lovely Jessica Gibson on the blog for an interview today! You may recognize her as the awesome Release Day Diva. Here are the gorgeous covers from her published works.
Tell us a bit about yourself
Well, I’m a wife and a mommy, and a blogger, an online event planner, and an author. I wear a lot of hats, and always have a ton going on. But hey, it keeps me out of trouble.
When did you begin writing?
I started writing a year and a half ago. My husband kicked me in the butt and told stop talking about doing it and just do it. I haven’t regretted the choice yet.
Have you ever been discouraged in regard to your writing ability and if so, how did you get past it and move forward?
Yes, I think every author has gone through periods of thinking they suck. For me it usually comes after a bad review, when someone tells me I stink, or they hate my plot or characters. I let myself wallow in it for 5 minutes, then I re read the review and see what if anything I can learn from it.
What's your favorite thing about writing?
For me, seeing the story unfold as I write. I love when my characters decide to change up the story, or a new character jumps in.
What is your writing style? Do you like to outline or just write as you go?
I write as I go. I tried to outline, but it felt forced, so I went back to what felt natural.
Do you have a favorite spot where you like to write?
Well, really anywhere I can. I have an office, but with a 3 year old, I never actually get to be in it. I normally write at my kitchen table or on the couch, anywhere that I can see him and make sure he’s not coloring on the walls.
What is something you've written that will never see the light of day?
Nothing lol, so far everything I have written has or is going to be published.
What is your writer food?
Chips or popcorn I think....oooh or Teddy Grahams.
What's the hardest thing about writing for you?
Deadlines! They make me nervous, and when I get nervous I can't focus enough to write. It’s a vicious cycle
What inspires you to write?
That’s a good question. For me I’m a very visual person, so a lot of times it’s something I see that will set me off.
How many books have you written and which is your favorite?
So far I have 2 full length books, 1 novella, and 1 short story published. I have another full length that will be out in a few months as well. That is a horrible question lol, like asking who do you love best, your son or your daughter. But, if I had to choose, I would say either my Blood Ties books, or the one I’m currently writing, Haunted U.
What are some of your favorite books?
I love the Harry Potter series, and the Night Huntress series too.
What authors do you like to read?
Diana Gabaldon, Stephanie Nelson, Karen Marie Moning, Anne Rice, Andrea DiGiglio....really so many more lol.
Would you say you relate to any of your characters? If so, which one and why?
Well, I think Jilly from my Boston Witches series. She sort of came out as me in the first book, she thinks like me.
This or that.
Sweet or Salty? Salty
Naughty or nice? Depends ;)
Cats or dogs? Cats
Vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate
email: gibson.jessicaj@gmail.com
Website: www.releasedaydiva.com
Book Blog : www.bookonthebrightside.blogspot.com
Twiter: @jessicajgibson
This blog will receive around $0.04 for every $1 you spend by purchasing your book from the above link. Thanks!







No comments:
Post a Comment