YA/NA Paranormal Fantasy
Paige Tailor Series Book One

"Am I losing my mind?"
Paige couldn't help but question her sanity. What other explanation could there be for her hearing a conversation held barely above a whisper in the back of a classroom full of students? What about coming home to find one of those very classmates lying in wait in the darkness of her home, ready to attack her?
Confused, frustrated and feeling every ounce of her social ostracism, Paige confides in the one person she's always been able to count on: her mom. But when her mom reveals a deeply rooted, unbelievable family secret, Paige discovers her world is filled with more than she ever imagined possible. A world where fairytales live alongside nightmares and secrets are the glue that binds them together. Suddenly no one is who they seem and Paige is faced with more questions than answers. Can she survive in a world filled with creatures scarier than anything she could imagine and where deceit runs as thick as
blood? Or will the truth send her over the edge?
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/YapSh2lxRnc
Hey there everyone! First and foremost, I’d like to thank A Little Bit of R&R for hosting me. I truly appreciate it.
One of the fun things about writing for me is the varying ideas and scenes that pop into my head. When
an idea arises, I write it down. It doesn’t always mean that I use the sentence, paragraph or scene that I
write though. In fact, I have an entire folder of “Deleted Scenes” on my hard drive and my back up drive. I’ve gone back through the folder and decided to use some of those very scenes as material for Book 2!
So today I’ve decided to share a small deleted scene from Black Moon with you. The reason I decided
to share this scene, (and it’s a doozy), is because one of the relationships in the story has a very subtle,
underlying attraction building. And, if you read through a few of the reviews coming in about Black
Moon, the relationship implications are causing a stir. But I decided that in Black Moon I wanted to focus on introduction and background to Paige and a few characters that will be around for the series, instead of focusing on a “love” interest. But, I do hint at something between two characters. And since I decided to only have it be a possibility…an underlying current…this scene didn’t make the cut for Book 1. But maybe for Book 2? We’ll see!
Deleted Scene from Black Moon:
Before I knew what she was doing her arm was around my waist, pulling me towards her. We were
close enough for me to hear her heart beating, steady and sure. I couldn’t bring myself to look into her eyes, which meant I was looking at her neck. I could feel her breath on my hair.
“Paige. Look at me. Please?” Her voice was barely a whisper.
The note of desperation in her last word gave me the confidence to look up at her. Maybe she was more nervous then she let on? Maybe hiding her feelings was just one more thing she’d mastered.
I felt her hand on my back tighten as my eyes met hers. My breath caught as her other hand grazed my cheek gently, slowly making its way to my hair and pushing it behind my ear. I felt a shudder ripple through her as her eyes left mine and her head leaned gently down to my neck. The heat of her breath on my skin sent goose bumps across my arms and a shudder of pleasure, surprising but not unwelcomed, to the pit of my stomach.
A stab of panic shook me as I realized where this was heading. But before I could stop her, before I
could say anything at all, she pulled back enough to look down at me. Her lips were full and inviting as a very sensual smile set them apart, making me wonder how they’d feel against mine. As quickly as I had the thought her lips found mine. Gentle, yet urgent, her hand wrapped around the back of my neck holding me to her, giving me no choice at all but to succumb to her. Even had there been a choice, I wouldn’t be anywhere else but here with her, feeling this. Whatever this was, I didn’t want it to end.
I let go of my fears and cautiously reached out, running my hand through her hair, returning the urgency of her kiss. Her lips parted and I felt the heat of her tongue as it laced enticingly with mine.
Another shudder of pleasure escaped me in the form of a moan, and I pulled away in complete
embarrassment. A totally different heat sent my cheeks blazing. Mortified, I turned my back to her.
So there it is. I hope you enjoyed this small look into what could have been! Thank you again to A Little Bit of R&R for hosting me. Happy Reading Everyone!
About the Author
There were three things Jessica loved to do growing up; reading, writing and playing music. She discovered her love for writing at a young age, when she realized she could create anything she wanted
with words. Jessica lives in Sacramento, CA with her husband, four children, a goldfish named Sparkle and their cat, Talula. When she isn't working on the next Paige Tailor novel, taking her children to one activity or another, or folding the never ending laundry of a six person family, Jessica enjoys playing her clarinet in the community band, reading while enjoying a cup of coffee or heading to the theater and catching a movie with her husband.
a Rafflecopter giveaway




Thank you so much for hosting a stop on my tour! It was fun sharing a deleted scene with your followers!
ReplyDeleteThis book looks great and the cover is FABULOUS!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good start to a series. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeletethank you so much for this awsome Giveaway and what a nice tour :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this opportunity
ReplyDeleteAwesome giveaway!! My email is kellee926@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome giveaway!
ReplyDelete