Hey guys! I would like to share a new YA Paranormal romance with you all. I'm a total sucker for covers. The Accidental Siren by Jake Vander Ark has a really intriguing cover. I'm so stoked to read this book. Check out this book on Amazon and be sure to add it to your TBR list!
Young Adult Paranormal Romance

Mara Lynn is the most beautiful girl in the world. James Parker is the ordinary boy who discovers her power.
The Accidental Siren depicts the joys and consequences of young love as Mara and James meet, shoot a movie, fend off bullies, and explore the potential of infinite beauty.
Excerpt
If Danny B. were alive today, he’d either be in prison or selling meth from a stolen trailer. A scar ran from the lobe of his right ear to the bulge in the back of his head, creating a ribbon of flesh where hair could no longer grow. He claimed that a shark bit him when his grandparents took him to the keys. Mom told me shark bites are rare, and Danny got the scar from petting a stray dog. (Did Mom really know? Or did she use the bully’s mangled head as an illustrated life lesson? Probably the latter; I’m still afraid of strays.)
Danny was so rotten that his real parents sent him to live with his uncle in Grand Harbor. Rumor was he went swimming in the neighbor’s pool with his baby sister and--for no good reason except he was pure evil--held her head under water until she drowned. “He laughed the whole time,” Trent explained to a group of wide-eyed boys, “and that’s why they sent him here.” Whether or not Danny was as evil as I believed in elementary school, the eight-ball eyes of a gasping little girl still haunted my childhood. To this day, I can’t prove the rumor false. I paused the camera and scampered back to Whit at the base of the ridge. As we discussed the logistics of our summer project, Danny and A.J. donned camouflage hunting gear and watched us from the brush. Praise Snippets for The Accidental Siren
"Written in beautiful prose, Vander Ark’s tale warns of the perils of obsession." ~Book Addict 24-7
"Hauntingly Beautiful, and stays with you long after it's over." ~Kim on Amazon
"Vander Ark successfully builds up an eerie suspense to a bizarrely fantastic climax that will leave you enthralled in his work." ~Emmy on Amazon
Buy Links
Contact Links for Jake
Twitter: @JakeVanderArk

I nominated you for the versatile blogger award. You ladies are awesome and I love your blog. http://contagiousreads.blogspot.com/2012/07/verisatile-blogger-award.html
ReplyDeleteLori
Thanks for sharing this too amazing and superb working with us
ReplyDelete