Excerpt from ShadowLove: Stalkers Book 1
“EXCUSE ME.”
SHAWNA sidestepped the big hunk of a man, who seemed to purposely get in her way, and started across the street.
SHAWNA sidestepped the big hunk of a man, who seemed to purposely get in her way, and started across the street.
Chadwick MacFare fell into a clipped walk beside her, and his voice was low but intense. “Listen to me, Shawna Wellsly—you are in terrible danger, and you know it. I know it. They might not know where you are yet, but eventually they will find you.”
“You’re nuts,” Shawna scoffed as she kept on walking—faster then before.
He didn’t miss a step. “You know otherwise.”
“Get away from me before I call the cops.”
“You won’t do that. It would draw attention to yourself—and you can’t afford that.” Suddenly he had her shoulders in his large hands. His green eyes stared hard into her silver pools. “Just stop!”
“Stop! You are a total stranger, talking nonsense, and I am warning you…” Shawna grimaced at him. “Get your hands off me.”
He dropped his hold on her. “Come with me… there, to that coffee house—safe enough, crowded.” He pointed his strong chin in the direction of a small shop across the street.
“I have an appointment I can’t miss.”
“Then let me walk you to your appointment. You can ask me anything you want to know. I will answer what I can. Afterwards, we can go to a very public coffee shop, and you can hear what I have to say.”
He saw her consider his suggestion. Her watched as her mind raced over the possibilities, and then she spoke.
“I don’t know who you are. Your accent is Scottish, I think…so maybe you are tourist looking for some excitement. You won’t find it with me.” She yanked out of his hold and called over her shoulder, “Stop following me.”
He gave it up. The way he saw it was that at least for the moment she was not in any immediate danger, even though he had seen more than the ordinary numbers of vampires since he had arrived last night. Still, it was not the right time of day for vampires to cruise the city streets. He could try again later, but not too much later, not with the vision he had still taunting him. He knew from that vision that the clan would soon be closing in on her. He had learned over the last two centuries that his visions would only give him ‘the most likely future’, not the absolute. And he had also learned that there were few visions, one out of nine in fact, that he could actually alter.
However, this time he had to succeed. He had to interfere with Shawna’s future. The alternative was, for him, unthinkable.
He was surprised by her vehement rebuff. He had not anticipated it…and in fact, had never before been rebuffed by a woman…
He would have to find a way to make her listen because she didn’t stand a chance alone, and he knew now that was how she was determined to face her danger—alone.
About Claudy
I am so happy you stopped by. Some of you may know me as Claudette Williams/Melanie Davis, two names I used when I was writing regency and historical romances. I discovered that paranormal opens up a new world of possibilities.
Created my Legend series. The first, Spellbound-Legend is now being offered for free as an introduction to the series. In it you will meet Maxine. She has suddenly had a magical world thrust onto her when she discovered what she really was and who the Fae really are.
Aaibhe-Shee Queen is a novella I wrote in response to mail I received from so many readers wanting to know more about my Legend Fae Queen, and it too is FREE. I do so hope you enjoy both.
I am an Indie author now, but have an amazing editor who keeps me in line, and a professional artist who works my book covers. Kudos to both.
In the meantime, some of my historical romance fans have asked for more in that genre and I have been hard at work rewriting and updating my regency romances and making them more realistic and spicy.
Vampires whispered to me and Shadowlove-Stalkers was born as the first in three, each stand alone.
What do I do when I'm not writing? I love the outdoors and my Bob and I are always hiking, swimming, traveling, playing with our wolf and her son and the horses. My daughter and her great husband live nearby and so am very lucky to be able to spend wonderful times with them.
Originally from New York, we now reside in North Carolina. Want to know more and read my 5 star reviews and excerpts?
Buy Links:
Barnes and Noble
Stalker Links
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Claudy-Conn-Paranormal-Romance-Author/135826686471445
Tour Stops







For those of you that have not read any of Claudy Conn's books, you do not know what you are missing.
ReplyDeleteClaudy is a wonderful lady and a marvelous author and I HIGHLY recommend her books to everyone.
Gayle
Thanks Gayle, so glad you enjoy them.
DeleteMy favorite genre is hmmm lets see, paranormal and historical romance :)
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn, thanks for the 'like' to my author page! :)
ReplyDelete